Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009 - New Year, New Hope

2008 has passed us in a blink. New year, new hope, new resolutions... But wait have i achieved all my resolutions for 2008? Yes, proud to say i have except for those uncontrollable events. Oh yeah, Joyce gave us a day off on new year eve and i went to ikea to buy my writing table, something that i have wanted since beginning of 2008. Finally got it at the last day of the year. Another thing to mention which i'm grateful for is i have finally managed to change Dr Tan Han Khim for Dr Roger Tan. Thank godness. Dr Roger Tan is 3-4 better than that irresponsible HK Tan.


Was supposed to come out with my new year resolutions earlier but only had time to sit down and think abt it yesterday. Yes, i really need to think and plan. My new year resolution is to recover and to go without dialysis, i.e transplantation. I guess i'm tired of all the dialysis and needles poking in and out of me. I used to be able to see the nurses putting needles into me but now i don't know whether its fear or what, i don't dare or don't want to look anymore. And the 3 times per week schedule is affecting my personal time and family time. Sometimes i will be thinking how much longer do i have to go thru this or shld i put a stop and get a new beginning? The second alternative is to action and do something abt it rather than waiting. Yes, i want to be healthy and normal again. I can't let my life go pass just like that. I remembered what one of the dialysis uncle once said before: "If one can live till 100 years old, i have aleady lived more than half of my life, i don't know how much longer i can still live?" What he said strike a cord in me. If one can live till 100 yrs old, i have only lived one third of my life. I still have a long way thru.

No comments: