Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Welcome 2014, Happy New Year !

First time i'm using my i phone to update my blog... Looking back at 2013 on this last day, the year seems to pass unknowingly with ups & downs. I had my fistula surgery in June and the scar is still visible now. I wonder when the scar will diminish? There is always this question on my mind that i like to ask Dr Chua - why did he cut in a vertical line instead of horizontally like my previous surgery? Mum says that becos surgery cannot always cut at the same spot, i guess maybe thats why. Subsequently in the few months thereafter, a lot of  things happened at SS - Joyce's fall in Penang, CPF issue etc. I got the job at JCST and resigned in September. The decision to resign is not a sudden one but has been on my mind since beginning of this year. I actually started looking for jobs since May and actively after my fistula surgery.
Went to Korea with Jinglan & cousins after serving my notice at SS. The trip was very fun and enjoyable. Korea is another country which i really wanted to go when i was on dialysis. End 2013 marks 6 years of my work life at SS (but i left in october) and 4 years of my transplant. I started work at JCST on 1st Nov 2013. The colleagues there are quite nice though work is slow and very different from SS. JCST life is a new challenge for me becos i have to change to a new environment where people are not aware of my medical condition and to take extra care of my diet now that i'm eating out more often. Looking forward to a better year in 2014, good health, bountiful joy & happiness!!

No comments: