Saturday, April 5, 2008

My 27th Birthday

27 Aug 2007

My 27th birthday -an unforgettable day...

I have to wake up at 5.30am today because today is the day that i have to go for my AVF surgery. My surgery is at 8am and i have to reach the hospital at 7am. After breakfast, , mum and me took a cab and reach SGH Block 1, surgical Ambulary Centre at 7.05am.

The doctor (Dr SG Tan) was late. The surgery was supposed to start at 8am but becos of his lateness, it only began at 8.30am. I was conscious throughout the entire surgery as he only gave me local anaesthetic for the hand. I could hear the conversation betw the nurses and doctor as well as feel their movements. It was scary, the feeling of not seeing what happened but knowing that someone is cutting my hand open and feeling the pulling of my veins. Really painful! The surgery ended at 10.30am.

I would never forget today and the year 2007. This year was brother's wedding, WSHO 2007 (an event that i was pretty successful and satisfied) and also the year i was diagnosed with kidney failure. 2007 is a year which made me realize happiness, sadness, pain and distress.

No comments: